Shymkent Medical College carries out educational activities in the sphere of secondary vocational education and provides additional educational services to improve the skills of working professionals.
The mission of Shymkent Medical College is the training of secondary medical and pharmaceutical specialists that meet the requirements of the state compulsory standard of secondary vocational education of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main strategic goal of the college is the preparation of highly qualified specialists who have a practice-oriented education and are ready to realize themselves in a personal and professional manner in the face of an ever-changing market environment and meet the requirements of the healthcare system, society and the state.
The policy of the college in the field of quality is aimed at ensuring a high level of the educational process. To achieve the main goal, the college solves the problems:
- ensuring a positive image of the college in the market of educational services due to the high quality of training specialists;
- ensuring the compliance of the qualifications of graduates with the requirements of employers;
- the implementation of educational programs based on the competence approach and professional standards developed with the direct participation of organizations of practical public health;
- development of partnerships with employers in order to prepare competitive specialists;
- training of students taking into account the priority of PHC;
- Development of professionally significant qualities for students and increasing their responsibility for the results of educational activities;
- training nursing specialists in accordance with international directives;
- wide application of all types of teaching technologies;
- full informatization with creation of on-line services, libraries, audiences;
- improving the quality control of specialist training;
- modernization of the material and technical base of the college;
- development of the educational and clinical base;
- strengthening human and institutional capacity;
- optimization of the management structure of the college on the basis of modern quality management; Continuous improvement of the quality management system.
The management of the college assumes the obligation to create the conditions necessary to achieve the main strategic goal, ensure the understanding, and effective implementation by all personnel of this Quality Policy. The implementation of this policy in the field of quality is a duty and a matter of honor for every member of the collective of the college. Moreover, each employee of the college bears personal responsibility within the limits of his competence for the quality of his work.
OBJECTIVES IN THE FIELD OF QUALITY OF THE SHYMKENT MEDICAL COLLEGE for the 2016-2017 academic year
· Ensure the further development of medical and nursing education for the phased implementation of the State Healthcare Development Program of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Densaulyk" for 2016-2019.
· Obtain a license for the opening of the Higher Nursing College
· Train three nursing teachers in a cascading manner within the framework of the Roadmap for the implementation of the "Modernization of Medical Education" project for 2016 - 2019
· Prepare 10 mentors from medical organizations for the implementation of the applied bachelor's program
· Create a clinical base for the implementation of the dual system of training nursing specialists
· To carry out preparatory measures for the introduction of a new system of selection and admission to medical colleges
· Ensure the quality of production conditions in which the activities of subjects of the educational process are carried out
· Ensure 100% timely passage of advanced training courses by teachers and employees, compliance of qualifications with established requirements and positions
· Ensure full availability of necessary training and methodological documentation, improve its quality
· Continue to form a fund for educational and scientific literature
· Ensure that the quality of college graduates is in accordance with the requirements of state educational standards
· Maintain a quality indicator of student achievement of at least 75% for junior and at least 85% for senior courses
· Cover the maximum possible number of schools in the city and the region with vocational guidance work
· Provide training of employees in the field of quality management
· Switch to ISO9001: 2015