History of the College
The history of the college begins in the distant 1930, when the first five-year plan for the development of the national economy of the USSR was the improvement of medical assistance to the population and the intensification of disease prevention.
During the Great Patriotic War the students of the college rendered a great help to the hospitals, donated blood for free, and valiantly served the Motherland. Heroic efforts of college graduates saved human lives, returned health to hundreds of thousands of people. A graduate of 1938, Razia Shakenovna Iskakova was awarded an international medal by Florence Nightingale.
In 2015, a four-storeyed Educational and Clinical Corps was built and put into operation, equipped with modern medical and laboratory equipment, models and phantoms, which is a preclinical basis for practical training
College prepares mid-level health professionals in the following specialties: general medicine with qualified medical assistant and obstetric, nursing, hygiene and epidemiology, pharmacy, stomatology with qualified dentist and dental technician, laboratory diagnostics. The college employs 175 medical teachers. Over the course of the school, more than 29,000 specialists have been trained.
The college is equipped with modern medical and technical equipment, electronic dummies and phantoms, medical equipment, tools and instructional-visual aids. The college has 24 interactive whiteboards. At the college there is a training and information center, computer rooms, linguaphone, multimedia cabinets. All college computers are connected to the global information resources of the Internet and local computer communication is connected to computer rooms, a methodical room, a library, which allows using the Internet for educational purposes, transfer information to each workplace. College Library - one of the best libraries among secondary specialized educational institutions of Shymkent, its book fund is more than 76 thousand copies of educational, health, reference and fiction, a reading room, 2 electronic reading rooms, a hall of a healthy lifestyle, with modern fitness Equipment.
The pedagogical team is constantly in search of modern innovative teaching technologies. Pleases and author's work of teachers. To date, the teachers have published the following textbooks in the state and Russian languages: "The Basis of Nursing" Іand ІІedition, "Collection of didactic materials on Pharmacology", "Lectures on Pharmacology", "Pharmacology" Іand ІІedition, "Food hygiene" "Basic hygiene", "Epidemiology", "Collection of lectures on microbiology and virology," "Communal hygiene", "Technique of laboratory works."
According to the requirements of the time, the quality management system ISO 9001: 2008 is implemented in the college. In 2013 The college has successfully passed the recertification.
In 1992, the Improvement qualification department was opened. During this time, more than 55,000 medium-sized medical and pharmaceutical workers were upgraded and retrained.
Quality policy:Shymkent Medical College carries out educational activities in the sphere of secondary vocational education and provides additional educational services to improve the skills of working professionals.
The missionof Shymkent Medical College is the training of secondary medical and pharmaceutical specialists that meet the requirements of the state compulsory standard of secondary vocational education of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main strategic goalof the college is the preparation of highly qualified specialists who have a practice-oriented education and are ready to realize themselves in a personal and professional manner in the face of an ever-changing market environment and meet the requirements of the healthcare system, society and the state.
The policy of the college in the field of quality is aimed at ensuring a high level of the educational process.
· To ensure the further development of medical and nursing education for the gradual implementation of the State Health Development Program of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Densaulyk" for 2016-2019
· Get a license to open the Higher Nursing College
· Train three nursing teachers with a cascading method within the framework of the Road map for the implementation of the project "Modernization of medical education" for 2016 – 2019
· Prepare 10 mentors from medical organizations for the implementation of the applied bachelor program
· To create a clinical base for the introduction of the dual system of training nursing specialists
· To carry out preparatory measures for the introduction of a new system of selection and admission to medical colleges
· Ensure the quality of production conditions in which the activities of subjects of the educational process are carried out
· Ensure 100% timely passage of refresher courses for teachers and staff, compliance of qualifications with established requirements and positions
· Ensure the full availability of the necessary teaching and methodological documentation, improve its quality
· Continue to form a fund for educational and scientific literature
· Ensure the quality of training of college graduates meets the requirements of state educational standards
· Maintain a quality indicator of student achievement of at least 75% for junior and at least 85% for senior courses
· Cover the vocational guidance work with the maximum possible number of schools in the city and the region
· Provide training of employees in the field of quality management
· Switch to ISO9001: 2015
ShMK is the educational institution leading in the market of the educational space of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of healthcare, which has an impeccable image, a dynamically developing material and technical base, actively and equitably cooperating with leading domestic and foreign health and education organizations, applying innovations in the educational sphere based on the introduction of modern Integrated and harmonized educational technologies, the development of a system for improving pedagogical and scientific qualifications of teachers. The quality of the educational services provided by the college ensures the competitiveness of students in the labor market.
Shymkent Medical College in every possible way fosters the formation of a professionally competent, harmoniously developed personality, the education of a citizen who can comprehend, set and solve the problems of society, taking into account social, ethical, cultural, environmental aspects, being tolerant, morally responsible worker, easily adapting to the team, ready to work in Conditions of competition. ShMK is the base of a training and methodological association in specialty "Pharmacy" in the Republic of Kazakhstan. The college is guided by the principles of the "open system", intensive and mutually beneficial cooperation, including international, in cooperation with educational and medical organizations, professional communities.
EXTRACT FROM THE INTERNAL REGULATIONS OF SMGE "SHYMKENT MEDICAL COLLEGE"
BASIC RIGHTS OF STUDENTS
6.1. Students of Shymkent Medical College have the right:
· For training within the framework of state educational standards and obtaining additional, including paid, educational services;
· On combining training in the form with work in their spare time at enterprises, organizations, institutions of any organizational and legal forms;
· Participate in the discussion and decision of the most important issues concerning college students, including through public organizations and management bodies of the educational institution;
· Free use of the library, the services of educational and methodological and other departments of the college;
· On moral and material encouragement for academic success and active participation in public life of the college;
· Appeal the orders and orders of the administration in accordance with the procedure established by law;
· Request the administration to replace the curator and the teacher, justifying his request in writing;
· To participate in the public life of the college, to be elected college students in the CDM (social organization). The Committee has the right to consider issues of violation of discipline, academic achievement of students and make their suggestions to the administration, up to the exclusion of college students, has the right to accept applications from college students regarding violations of the curriculum standards by college teachers and to respond accordingly;
· The non-resident students of 1 course received by state order are provided with places in the hostel (first of all students of orphans, low-income and from distant regions);
7.1. Students of Shymkent Medical College are obliged:
· Systematically and deeply master theoretical and professional knowledge, practical skills and skills in the chosen profession;
· Deeply master the state language, develop interest, respect for culture and customs, traditions of the peoples inhabiting the republic;
· Constantly working to improve their cultural and professional level;
· Attend compulsory educational and practical classes;
· In the established terms to carry out the tasks stipulated by the curricula and programs;
· To cultivate diligence, actively participate in socially useful work, to perform self-service in the college;
· Categorically prohibited smoking and drinking alcohol;
· Be disciplined and organized both in college and on the street, public places, creatively and responsibly treat the task entrusted;
· Protect and strengthen the property of the college;
· To participate in career-guidance work with schoolchildren and in public events conducted by the educational institution among the population.
7.2. At the entrance of the teachers, the heads of the college into the audience, the students greet him, rising from their seats.
During the training sessions, students should carefully listen to the explanations of the teachers and the answers of the comrades, do not talk and do not engage in extraneous matters, follow all the instructor's instructions.
With questions and answers get up and sit down only with the permission of the teacher.
7.3. During classes in laboratories, clinics, offices and during production practice, students should use only those tools, instruments and other devices that are indicated by the instructor of the class, treat them with care and observe the safety rules. Students are forbidden to take out objects and various equipment from laboratories, educational and other premises without the permission of the college administration
7.4. If you fail to attend classes for sickness or other valid reasons, students are required to notify the curator. In case of illness, students provide the curator with a certificate of an outpatient doctor or a medical institution in a prescribed form.
7.5. In each academic group for the academic year, the head of the most disciplined and organized students is appointed. The headman works under the guidance of the curator, carrying out in his group all his orders and instructions.
7.6. The responsibilities of the elder are: maintenance of discipline in the group, presentation of the academic part of the college data on non-attendance or late arrival of students to the class, indicating the reason, monitoring the safety of educational equipment and equipment, notifying students of changes to the schedule of training sessions, timely receipt and distribution among Students of a group of textbooks and teaching aids.
The curator's orders within the specified functions are mandatory for all students.
7.7. The curator appoints a duty officer on duty for each day in accordance with the schedule of the shifts.
The duty officer of the group is responsible for: keeping an eye on the order, cleanliness and safety of the property in the training room, ensuring the necessary auxiliary materials (chalk, illustrations, posters, etc.) for the beginning of classes.